Welcome to Holme Lacy Parish Council
Your Parish Council is the closest tier of government to you – the voice of the local
people that aims to improve the quality of community life for the parish and its inhabitants
Representing the community, on planning applications and other proposals that affect the parish ∼ undertaking projects and schemes that benefit local residents ∼ working in partnership with other bodies to achieve benefits for the parish ∼ alerting relevant authorities to problems that arise or work that needs to be undertaken ∼ helping the other tiers of local government keep in touch with their local communities
Due to the risk of coronavirus the children’s play area, at the rear of the Village Hall, is closed until further notice. We thank you for your cooperation.
Message from Herefordshire Council
Talk Community Covid Response are sending every household in Herefordshire a letter focussed on the vulnerable people and the support they will need outside of their existing network.
We have a central coordination centre with a dedicated telephone line for vulnerable people and volunteers to contact us and we will then link them back into the community organisations. There is already some fantastic community responses happening and the council can support the infrastructure through this response and provide community resilience.
Many of the wards and parishes have provided us with information of the community work being undertaken however there are some areas where we have little information, please do forward the team any community information on the email address below with the key coordinator.
The areas of support that will be coordinated are:
- Urgent supplies
- Picking up meds (DBS check needed)
- Pet walking
- Calling vulnerable people during this difficult time
People wishing to volunteer can register and vulnerable people needing support can register on the following link: https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/covid19help
the dedicated telephone number will be fully live from Tuesday 24th March which is 01432 260027 and email address email@example.com
Message from our Chairman
In these uncertain times it is proving difficult for some of our elderly and self-isolating neighbours to leave their homes and purchase essential food items. As we no longer have a village shop, the Manager of Lucksall Caravan Park has today contacted me and offered to enable those elderly or self-isolating residents, living in Holme Lacy, to phone up and purchase essential supplies from the on-site shop by calling 01432 870213. Lucksall Caravan Park have kindly offered to deliver these items free of charge. Payment will be taken by card over the phone. Minimum order £10.00.
Please call between 9-3 on Monday- Saturday
The Riverside Bar & Eatery based at Lucksall are offering freshly cooked meals ready to be re-heated for your convenience to your door, please call Lucksall for more information.
I would very much appreciate it if you could help to spread the word to your elderly neighbours or those in self-isolation who may not use social media and see this post.
Please look after yourselves and each other.
Chairman, Holme Lacy Parish Council
If you have any elderly neighbours that are self-isolating and would like to let them know you are there to help please download the postcard below by clicking #ViralKindness.
This idea was initiated by a Cornish resident who was feeling pretty helpless watching the news and wanted to do something about it.
Joint statement from Public Health England and Herefordshire Council on the local case of Coronavirus
Update on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19):
Herefordshire Council and its partners are well prepared to deal with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). There are tried and tested procedures to prevent further spread and the NHS is very well prepared and used to managing infections.
You may receive or already had questions and queries from your community about the coronavirus. To help assist and support you signpost people to the most suitable sources of information please visit the Herefordshire Council website https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/coronavirus. The website has links to a variety of guidance documents which you may find useful for people. We advise that you do not print or download guidance but use the links provided, which will be updated as required based on new information.
How you can help:
- Encourage people to wash their hands regularly with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds, especially before cooking and eating; after using the toilet and using public transport. Please display the enclosed posters within your communities.
- Remind people to ‘Catch it. Bin it. Kill it’: If you sneeze or cough remember to catch it with a tissue; bin it and kill it by washing your hands or using a hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water isn’t available.
- Advise people to follow PHE’s returning traveller advice: There are some countries and areas where there’s a higher chance of coming into contact with someone with coronavirus. If you have returned from travelling outside of the UK within the last 14 days please check and follow the PHE specific advice for returning travellers.
- Add the ‘Catch it. Bin it. Kill it’ to your email signature (copy in my signature below): remind people to practice good respiratory and hand hygiene by adding the enclosed logo to the bottom of your email signature.
- Signpost people to reputable sources of information: stay up to date and avoid misinformation by visiting and signposting people to the below web pages.
Additional sources of general information:
For the latest, reputable sources of information about this coronavirus please visit and signpost the general public to the following websites:
- Health advice about coronavirus: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Latest information: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
- Frequently asked Questions: https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/23/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-what-you-need-to-know/
Parish Council minutes will be posted on this website, within one month of the previous meeting
The next Parish Council meeting TBC
Chairman Cllr Christina Harris
Vice Chairman Cllr Trevor Williams
Cllr Michael Edwards
Cllr Keith Bishop
Cllr Susan Lawson
Cllr John Riley
Cllr Stephen Farr
Jennifer Eva – Parish Clerk