Your Parish council = The closest tier of government to you.
The voice of local people.
Members of the public and the press are welcome, and 10 minute “OPEN SESSION” is held at every meeting, where residents can express their views.
YOU ARE SUMMONED TO A MEETING OF HOLME LACY PARISH COUNCIL TO BE HELD AT
7.00 PM, TUESDAY, 17 OCTOBER 2017, IN THE VILLAGE HALL, HOLME LACY
PLAYING FIELD COMMITTEE TO FOLLOW HOLME LACY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING TO BE HELD AT 8.00 PM, TUESDAY, 17 OCTOBER 2017, IN THE VILLAGE HALL, HOLME LACY
Minutes and Agenda will be posted on this website,
within one month of the previous meeting.
DATES OF MEETINGS 2017
Parish Council (Tuesdays 7.00 pm):
2 May – annual meeting
Village Hall Committee/Playing Field Committee (Tuesdays 7.00 pm Village Hall Committee followed by Playing Field Committee at 8.00 pm):
Annual Parish meeting – tbc
School Buildings and Playing Field
The school has been an important part of Holme Lacy village since 1860 until its untimely closure in 2012.
Herefordshire Council now wants to dispose of the site. The Parish Council believes it is important that the parishioners of Holme Lacy have a say in what they want to happen to the site.
A representative(s) of Herefordshire Council will be attending the meeting.
Mr Michael Edwards Chairman, Holme Lacy Parish Council
The web address for residents to report road defects directly is
Road defects for the attention of the Parish Council may be reported to the clerk
- Generally the role of a parish council is to improve the quality of community life for their parish and its inhabitants. Amongst other things, they can:
- Give views, on behalf of their community, on planning applications and other proposals that affect the parish.
- Undertake projects and schemes that benefit local residents.
- Work in partnership with other bodies to achieve benefits for the parish.
- Alert relevant authorities to problems that arise or work that needs to be undertaken.
- Help the other tiers of local government keep in touch with their local communities.
Mrs Christina Harris – Chairperson & Councillor
Mr Michael Edwards – Deputy Chairperson & Councillor
Mr Keith Bishop – Councillor
Mr Trevor Williams – Councillor
Mr Benjamin Hince – Councillor
Mr George Lawson – Councillor
Mrs Lenore Taylor – Parish Clerk