Minutes of a Meeting of Holme Lacy Parish Council Held at 7.00 pm, Tuesday, 10 January 2017, in the Village Hall, Holme Lacy
Present: Mr M. Edwards (in the chair), Mr K. Bishop, Mr B. Hince, Mr T. Williams
Councillor David Summers
PC Kirsty O’Brien, CSO Christina Howard
1/17. APOLOGIES: Mr Lawson
2/17. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None
3/17. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 8 November 2016 be approved as a correct record and these were signed by the Chairman.
4/17. CO-OPTION OF PARISH COUNCILLORS TO FILL VACANCY
To remain on agenda.
5/17. HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
Councillor Summers reported that he was now on a new committee for Mental Health. There was a lengthy discussion on the causeway and the traffic problems in the village. Councillor Summers had noticed that the field where the eco-houses were to be built now had a fence across it. He was concerned that this was obstructing a public footpath. Mr Williams said he would walk down there and check.
6/17. COMMUNITY POLICING
The Clerk had sent the Parish Council meeting dates for 2017. PS Freer had apologised for this meeting but said they would hope to attend at least two meetings a year unless there were specific issues. With regard to speeding through the village she had been in contact with their traffic manager Ian Connolly to raise the issues with the Safer Roads Partnership scheme and it was on the agenda for the next meeting of the Partnership at the end of the month.
PUBLIC FORUM: Four parishioners were present and raised their concerns about the state of the road at Newtown which was very poor and dangerous in places and issues with speeding traffic. The Clerk asked them to let her have details of the problems so that she could report them. Two of the parishioners had emailed the Clerk through the website but she had not received the emails. She would sort this out.
Had been circulated for information.
8/17. VILLAGE HALL
(1) Prynce’s Holme Lacy Charity had made a further grant of £2500 towards improving the heating in the village hall. This now totalled £4500. The cost of the new boiler and new radiators, etc, was £9188.29 including VAT, which was not reclaimable.
RESOLVED that the quotation for the upgrading of the heating system was accepted and the Parish Council would fund the balance.
(2) Broadband – the quote for improving the broadband reception in the small room was £565. It was agreed that this was too high and to look at other means of improving the reception.
(3) An instruction form had been forwarded for a rebuilding valuation for the village hall and club hut. This would cost £600 + VAT.
SLCC Practitioners Conference – Clerk had decided to attend this conference.
10/17. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING
To leave on agenda.
The Marches Freight Strategy – no comment.
12/17. ROADS AND FOOTPATHS
(1) General road maintenance – problems should be reported on the Herefordshire Council website. Clerk to report lane at Newtown.
(2) Causeway – discussed under Community Policing and Herefordshire Councillor’s report above.
(3) Footpaths – discussed under the Herefordshire Councillor’s report above
(4) Lengthsman scheme – expression of interest form had been submitted.
(5) SID deployment – expression of interest had been submitted.
(6) Entrance to Holme Lacy Hotel – the safety issues had been reported to Balfour Beatty.
13/17. PLAYING FIELD
Platforms had been replaced but no invoice had been received to date.
(a) New applications: None
(b) Decisions: None
RESOLVED that the following accounts be approved for payment:
(a) To approve accounts for payment:
(a) Already paid under policy agreed at Parish Council meeting 4.11.2014:
£30 – Eyelid Productions – website
£24 – HALC – payroll services
£342 – Pear Technology – digital mapping
£375 – P. R. Wright – railings around commemorative tree
£30 – Autela Payroll Services – Oct-December 2016
£166.20 – HMRC – PAYE
(b) Invoices to be paid:
£93 – SLCC – membership
£30 – Autela Payroll Services – auto enrolment
£30 – Eyelid Productions – website
£166.20 – HMRC – PAYE – replacement for lost cheque
(b) Direct debits:
£42.58 per month – Westcom – broadband
£113.48 per month – Aviva – village hall insurance
£735.39 – SSE Gas
£186.15 – SSE Southern Electric
£621.11 – SSE Electric – refund of overcharge
£200 – Holme Lacy Football Club – 1st instalment of fees 2016/17 – Holme Lacy Playing Field Committee
(d) Precept 2017-18: The bank reconciliations for quarter ended 31 December 2016 and a draft budget for 2017/18 were circulated to the Parish Councillors. After a lengthy discussion it was agreed to precept at the same level as 2016/17.
RESOLVED that the precept for 2017/2018 be set at £17000
(e) Audit 2015/16: The Clerk had checked the figures. She had inadvertently copied last year’s figure across in the one box and there was an arithmetical error on the other. She would put the annual return on the website.
(f) Signatories – Parish Council and Playing Field Committee accounts – the Clerk now had the forms to set these up.
(g) Auto-enrolment pension – agreed for Autela Payroll Services to act for the Parish Council.
16/17.. ANY OTHER ITEMS – for information only
There being no other business the meeting was closed.