minutes 10th March 2015

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF HOLME LACY PARISH COUNCIL HELD AT 7.00 PM, TUESDAY,
10 MARCH 2015, IN THE VILLAGE HALL, HOLME LACY

Present: Mrs C. Harris (in the chair), Mr K. Bishop, Mr M. Edwards, Mr D. Gardiner, Mr T. Williams
Councillor P. Sinclair-Knipe

15/21. APOLOGIES: Mr Hince

15/22. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None

15/23. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council meetings held on 19 January 2015 and 20 January 2015 were agreed as correct records and were signed by the Chairman.

15/24. HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

Broadband – the roll out of faster broadband to Holme Lacy was now delayed until June.
Government inspectors were looking at the Core Strategy and primarily in connection with the link road to the Abergavenny road. The planning application for that part of the road would be going in within the next few weeks but would not come to committee until after the election. Councillor Sinclair-Knipe to check the traffic flow figures through Holme Lacy. Better communications with Balfour Beatty than with Amey. Shane Hancock,the new Locality Steward in this area, would be happy to come to a Parish Council meeting. Councillor Sinclair-Knipe did not see the proposed railway link to Rotherwas being viable. The Parish Councillors were unhappy with the drops that had been exposed on either side of the road from the causeway up to the village. Also the visibility had still not been improved because the trees had not been cut back. Clerk to email Councillor Sinclair-Knipe. There had not been any activity from the police with regard to overweight vehicles coming over the causeway. Council waste collection lorries were also using the causeway.

15/25. COMMUNITY POLICING

No attendance – Clerk now had name of new CSO and would invite to next meeting.

15/26. CLERK’S REPORT

Clerk’s report had been circulated. A casual vacancy had been declared and advertised as Mr Macadie was no longer a councillor. However because the vacancy was within six months of the election an election was not required.

PUBLIC FORUM:

15/27. CORRESPONDENCE

All circulated by email:

15/28. VILLAGE HALL

(1) CCTV and security lighting installed
(2) Skip had been hired – two rooms either side of the stage had been cleared and broken tables and chairs removed. Cellar still needed to be cleared.
(3) Plumbing repairs were in hand – waiting for parts.

15/28. VILLAGE HALL contd

(4) Clerk had contacted cleaning company and was waiting for them to arrange to come out to look at the hall.
(5) Quotation to supply and fit 1 set of panic push bars, replace 6 locks/deadlocks, 1 rebate set, 2 bolts, ease 3 doors and supply 1 fire escape to opening inward door – £535.
RESOLVED that the quotation be accepted.

(6) Hire charges had been revised.
(7) Npower had decided to reclassify the hall as a business which meant higher prices and VAT at 20%. The hall was now on a 12 month contract with npower but to look at other suppliers who were prepared to accept that the village hall was not a business.

15/29. TRAINING

Practitioner’s conference – had been very worthwhile. Number of points on the election which the Clerk needed to clarify.

15/30. ELECTION

Clerk had attended a session on elections at the Practitioners Conference. As a result she needed to clarify when the AGM had to be held and also the Annual Parish Meeting.

15/31. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING

Herefordshire Council was holding workshops on applying for grant funding. Clerk to book a slot.

Clerk had attended a session at the Practitioners Conference on neighbourhood planning. Examples of costs were given which varied from £3000+ for a small village to £24,000 for Tame. The clerk was described as the major driver for pushing this forward but the number of extra hours required was a serious issue.

15/32. HEALTH AND SAFETY

To carry out risk assessments on village hall and playing field shortly.

15/33. ROADS AND FOOTPATHS

(1) General road maintenance – Clerk suggested that Parish Councillors should report problems on the Herefordshire Council website rather than through the Clerk.
(2) Footpaths – signs had been received. A gate and fingerpost had been ordered for opposite Pound Farm and Mr Paul Wright would install them. A list of defects had been sent to the Clerk and were passed to Mr Williams and Mr Bishop to report back.
(3) Lengthsman scheme – Clerk had met with Locality Steward. He had agreed that the grass cutting of the patch by the bridge could be included. Also agreed that Lengthsman could litter pick through the village. B class roads were no longer included in the scheme except where agreed. The 10% of grant to be used for fees for the administrator was not continuing. Clerk suggested that the work be split between two lengthsman – grass cutting and litter picking and other work and footpaths.
(4) SID deployment – nothing to report.

15/34. PLAYING FIELD

(1) Club house development – decision expected in April
(2) Kissing gates – Chairman had received a complaint that the gates were blocking the right of way. She had pointed out that the right of way was not blocked and was open.
(3) Grass cutting – Clerk had one quote and was waiting for a second. Had asked for advice for Came & Company with regard to Mr Hince cutting the football pitch. Agreed that the reason for the field looking scruffy last year was because the grass was not cut under the tape. To make sure this did not happen this year.

15/35. PLANNING

(a) New applications:
150382 – Ufton Court Barn – proposed alteration to existing south gable elevation – Clerk had not received any comments from the Councillors.

(b) Results: None

Letter had been received asking for Parish Council’s comments on a small development on either side of Heathfield House. Clerk to ask what size the development would be.

15/36. FINANCE

(a) RESOLVED that the following accounts be approved for payment:
£ 372.48 – Mrs L. Taylor, Clerk – expenses
£169 – HMRC – PAYE for quarter to 31.12.2015
£169 – HMRC – PAYE for quarter to 31.3.2015
£1131 – Sentinel Security – security lighting and camera
£102 – Gary Jones – Lengthsman
£222 – Quickskip
£282 – SLCC – Practitioners Conference
£12 – Herefordshire Council – paper planning consultations
£432.03 – npower

Direct debits:
£42.58 per month – Westcom – broadband
£104.74 per month – Aviva – village hall insurance

Receipts:

(b) Bank reconciliation 31.12.2014 and budget against expenditure 31.12.2014 to follow

15/37. ANY OTHER ITEMS – for information only

None

There being no other business the meeting was closed.