Minutes 12th January 2016

Minutes of a Meeting of Holme Lacy Parish Council Held at 7.00 Pm, Tuesday, 12th January 2016, in the Village Hall, Holme Lacy

Present: Mrs C. Harris (in the chair), Mr K. Bishop, Mr M. Edwards, Mr T. Williams
Reverend Peter Houghton, South Wye Team Ministry

1/16. APOLOGIES: Mr Hince, Mr Lawson, Councillor Summers

2/16. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None

3/16.. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 10 November 2015 were agreed as a correct record and were signed by the Chairman.

4/16. CO-OPTION OF PARISH COUNCILLORS TO FILL VACANCY

To remain on agenda.

5/16. REVEREND PETER HOUGHTON

Mr Houghton had come along to the meeting to introduce himself and to find out what issues there were that he could possibly help with. There was a general discussion in which a number of views were shared. The Chairman thanked Mr Houghton for coming to the meeting.

6/16. HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

None

7/16. COMMUNITY POLICING – no report. The Clerk had sent the date of the meeting to CSO Lowri.

8/16. CLERK’S REPORT: No report – all dealt with on agenda.

PUBLIC FORUM: No members of public present.

9/16. CORRESPONDENCE

(1) HALC Information Corner – circulated. Included two consultations – Community Infrastructure Levy and Review of Council Tax Support Schemes and details of the new external audit arrangements. No comments on the community infrastructure levy. The Clerk had responded to the review of the council tax support schemes pointing out the problems that had arisen this year because Herefordshire Council had decided not to pass the grant on, with a small number of exceptions, and making the point that principal authorities should not have control over these monies.
New external audit arrangements – the Parish Council accepted the advice from HALC that it should do nothing and be automatically included as a customer of the new ‘sector led body’.
(2) HALC member subscription rate for financial year 2016/17 – circulated
(3) Balfour Beatty had taken over responsibility for emptying rural litter bins from 11 January 2016.

10/16. VILLAGE HALL

Next meeting 1 March 2016. Clerk asked to find out why the shutter in the kitchen would not close. Agreed to organise a working party the following Sunday to empty the cellar of rubbish. The wifi in the small room was inadequate. Clerk to ask Westcom about sorting out this problem.

11/16. TRAINING

Clerk had attended the SLCC regional roadshow at Cheltenham which had been very useful

She would asked if she could attend the Practitioners’ Conference again in February – cost £249 + £24.20 VAT. AGREED.

12/16. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING

To look at a date for a meeting and a flyer. To liaise with Gemma Webster from Herefordshire Council for a date for a parish meeting that she could attend.

13/16. DEFIBRILLATOR

Mr Williams had found information about adopting the telephone kiosk which could be used to store the defibrillator. Clerk to resend email.

14/16. COMMEMORATIVE TREE

The tree had been planted. A photographer had attended from the Hereford Times. The Chairman had tried to contact the Blacksmiths at Holme Lacy College about reinstating the fence. Clerk to contact.

15/16. TRANSPARENCY REGULATIONS/PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE

The Clerk had still not heard anything about the application for grant funding. She had emailed Lynda Wilcox to find out if she had any news.

16/16. ROADS AND FOOTPATHS

(1) General road maintenance – problems should be reported on the Herefordshire Council website. An email had been received about a blocked drain on the hill alongside Holme Lacy Hotel. Agreed that the road itself to the junction in the village was in a poor state. Mr Williams also reported that Church road was in poor condition again and that there was effluent from the storage pond near the farm buildings on the road. Clerk to report the problems. The email also raised the problem with the phone cable alongside the road. Clerk to check that the cable runs through College woodland.
(2) Causeway – Clerk had submitted the Parish Council’s response to the Holme Lacy Causeway Road Safety Study – feasibility study.
(3) Footpaths – nothing further to report
(4) Lengthsman scheme – nothing further to report
(5) SID deployment – Clerk had not heard anything yet about the Parish Council’s request to be included in this scheme.

17/16. PLAYING FIELD

Next meeting 1 March 2016.

18/16. PLANNING

(a) New applications:
(1) 153573 – Heathfield House, Holme Lacy – demolition of single storey extension and conservatory and proposed two storey side extension and single storey rear extension – no objections
(2) 153616 – outline – proposed development of five dwellings with new accesses, drainage, wood and hedgerow planting – land south east of The Old Vicarage, Holme Lacy – Parish Council thought this was a good development To request that there a footway was included.

(b) Results:
152880 – Shepherds Rough, Ballingham – proposed construction of ancillary car parking/storage buildings – granted.

19/16. FINANCE

RESOLVED that the following accounts be approved for payment:

(a) Already paid under policy agreed at Parish Council meeting 4.11.2014:
£103.50 – npower
£500 – Eyelid Productions – website
£125 – Paul Wright – Lengthsman
£342 – Pear Technology Services – digital mapping
£180 – DC Gardening Services – grass cutting

(b) Invoices to be paid:
£88 – SLCC – annual subscription
£210 – Wyevale Nurseries – tree

(a) Direct debits:
£42.58 per month – Westcom – broadband
£104.74 per month – Aviva – village hall insurance

(b) Receipts: None

(d) Precept 2016/17 – the Working Group had met to look at the budget. There would be a shortfall
of £1000 because of Herefordshire Council’s decision not to pass on the funding from central
government.

RESOLVED that the precept be set at £17,000 to cover the shortfall.

20/16. ANY OTHER ITEMS – for information only

None

There being no other business the meeting was closed.