Minutes of a Meeting of Holme Lacy Parish Council Held at 7.00 Pm, Tuesday, 15th March 2016, in the Village Hall, Holme Lacy
Present: Mr M. Edwards (in the chair), Mr K. Bishop, Mr B. Hince, Mr T. Williams
21/16. APOLOGIES: Mrs Harris
22/16. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None
23/16. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 12 January 2016 were agreed as a correct record and were signed by the Chairman.
24/16. CO-OPTION OF PARISH COUNCILLORS TO FILL VACANCY
To remain on agenda.
25/16. HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
Councillor Summers updated the Parish Council on the road improvement scheme on Holme Lacy road and the causeway. He also reported that he had tried to access the playing field with his mother but it had been very difficult getting her wheelchair up the path at the side of the hall. The Chairman said the Playing Field Committee was aware of the problem.
26/16. COMMUNITY POLICING – no report.
27/16. CLERK’S REPORT – No report – all dealt with on agenda.
PUBLIC FORUM: No members of public present.
Had been circulated for information.
29/16. VILLAGE HALL
Next meeting 23 March 2016. Mr Edwards was thanked for filling in the potholes by the gate. A working party of Parish Councillors had emptied the cellar of all the rubbish and it had been taken to the Household Waste site.
(a) The Clerk had attended the Practitioners Conference in February. There had been a number of very useful topics.
(b) HALC training programme had been circulated.
31/16. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING
A date needed to be arranged for a parish meeting.
Mr Williams reported that although the telephone kiosk could be adopted it was not a straightforward process to take it over.
33/16. COMMEMORATIVE TREE
Clerk had heard nothing about the railings. She would contact the College again.
34/16. PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE
The grant funding application had been granted. The Clerk had ordered the laptop, printer and Office, which had been delivered. Her website training was arranged for 1 April 2016. The poor broadband reception in the small room had to be sorted out with Westcom.
(1) Statement of community involvement – noted – no comment.
(2) Community infrastructure levy – noted – no comment.
(3) WW1 centenary plans for 2017 – Home Front – noted.
36/16. EMAIL FROM PETERCHURCH PARISH COUNCIL
Peterchurch Parish Council had resolved to write to the Chief Executive of Herefordshire Council raising concerns about the difficulties it had encountered with planning applications. Agreed that there had been a number of issues with poor communication and the Parish Council supported Peterchurch Parish Council’s action.
37/16. ROADS AND FOOTPATHS
(1) General road maintenance – problems should be reported on the Herefordshire Council website.
(2) Causeway – there had been no response to the Parish Council’s submission on the safety review. Clerk was asked to write pointing out the Parish Council’s dissatisfaction with the way this issue was being dealt with.
(3) Footpaths – no problems reported.
(4) Lengthsman scheme – the Clerk had submitted an expression of interest in continuing to take part in the scheme for the forthcoming year. This was probably the last year when the scheme would be funded by Herefordshire Council.
(5) SID deployment – no decision had been taken by Herefordshire Council about whether this scheme would continue.
(6) Proposed resurfacing programme 2016/17 – resurfacing of the road between Church Road and the B4399 had not been included in the scheme. Clerk asked to raise.
(7) Holme Lacy road improvement scheme – the Councillors had noticed a definite increase in the traffic through Holme Lacy since the work was started. This was of concern and they would continue to monitor.
38/16. PLAYING FIELD
Next meeting 23 March 2016. The grass needed cutting. Mr Hince to contact DC Gardening Services.
(a) New applications:
(1) 160193 – Wilsley House, Holme Lacy – proposed part change of use and sub-division of Wilsley House to create four apartments and construction of a pair of semi-detached dwellings – Parish Council comments – really nice development which regenerated an old building, great improvement. Application had been granted.
(1) 153573 – Heathfield House, Holme Lacy – demolition of single storey extension and conservatory and proposed two storey side extension and single storey rear extension – granted,
(2) 153616 – outline – proposed development of five dwellings with new accesses, drainage, wood and hedgerow planting – land south east of The Old Vicarage, Holme Lacy –granted.
Clerk to write to College suggesting that it would be useful to raise this type of application with the Parish Council before submitting.
RESOLVED that the following accounts be approved for payment:
(a) Already paid under policy agreed at Parish Council meeting 4.11.2014:
£230.32 – npower
£273.20 – SLCC Enterprises – practitioners conference
£166.20 – HMRC – PAYE
(b) Invoices to be paid: (to date)
£175.51 – British Gas
£388.27 – HALC – annual subscription
£41 – Herefordshire Council – uncontested election costs
*£195 – multi-function printer
*£94.98 – Microsoft Office
*£323.75 – Acer Aspire laptop
*Total £613.73 – reimbursement to Clerk
£139.15 – Mrs L. Taylor, Clerk – expenses October 2015-March 2016
£17 – NALC – renewal of LCR subscription
(c) Direct debits:
£42.58 per month – Westcom – broadband
£107.22 per month – Aviva – village hall insurance
£485.86 – HMRC – VAT refund
(e) RESOLVED to ask HALC to act as internal auditor for the 2015/16 accounts.
41/16. ANY OTHER ITEMS – for information only
There being no other business the meeting was closed.