Minutes 19th January 2015

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF HOLME LACY PARISH COUNCIL HELD AT 7.00 PM, TUESDAY,
19 JANUARY 2015, IN THE VILLAGE HALL, HOLME LACY

Present: Mrs C. Harris (in the chair), Mr K. Bishop, Mr M. Edwards, Mr D. Gardiner, Mr T. Williams
Councillor P. Sinclair-Knipe

15/1. APOLOGIES: Mr Hince

15/2. DISABLED ACCESS TO PLAYING FIELD

Mr Wright outlined the options for installing a gate allowing access to wheelchairs and mobility scooters. The
medium-sized gate was £283, would need to be opposite opening to the catalogue. To refer to Playing Field
Committee for decision.

15/3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None

15/4. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council meetings held on 4 November 2014 and 16 December 2014 were a correct record and were signed by the Chairman.

15/5. HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

Causeway – feasibility study on what could be done to improve safety. Design work should be delivered before April – should be in 2015/16 annual plan. Police were also producing a report. Mr Macadie had given permission for trees to be cut back to improve visibility. Clerk to write to Holme Lacy House Hotel about coaches using the causeway.

Link between A465 and A49 – had been reports that Councillor Sinclair-Knipe objected to the road. This was incorrect. His concern was that if the process was rushed there could be a judicial review.

Water across road at Old Mill – Clerk to report with copy to Councillor Sinclair-Knipe.

15/6. COMMUNITY POLICING

CSO James … attended for his first and last meeting as he was moving to another post. CSO Kevin Powell would be returning for a couple of months. The Parish Council was concerned that the numbers of HGVs coming through the village was still as high as before the accident and requested that checks were made on this.

15/7. CLERK’S REPORT

Clerk was waiting for costings from HALC on managing the website and a possible internal auditor to replace Edwin Wilson. She had arranged for digital mapping training on 21 January. The email from Councillor Sinclair-Knipe on the school site had been forwarded. She had asked for advice from RHS about the commemorative tree. Suggested that she contact Sara Roberts, formerly at Holme Lacy College. To chase up about the railings. There was a temporary vice principal at the College until the newly appointed vice-principal started in March.

RESOLVED that the choice of tree be delegated to the Clerk in consultation with the Chairman.

PUBLIC FORUM:

Short discussion on the tree.

15/8. CORRESPONDENCE

All circulated by email:

(a) Came & Company – winter newsletter
(b) Transparency code for smaller authorities

15/9. VILLAGE HALL

(a) Solar panels – postponed
(b) Security – Clerk did not think that the quotation for locks included all the areas that been pointed out at the meeting with Sentinel. To ask the locksmith to re-quote.

RESOLVED that the quotation for improved security light and CCTV be accepted.

(c) Notification of registration for small lotteries .
(d) ACRE had requested support for their campaign to prevent cuts to Community First – agreed to support.

15/10. TRAINING

RESOLVED that the Clerk could attend the 2015 SLCC Practitioners Conference.

15/11. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING

To contact Edward Bannister for dates for him to attend the first public consultation meeting.

15/12. DATES OF MEETINGS 2015

Wednesdays at 7.00 pm:
4 March
3 June
7 October

15/13. HEALTH AND SAFETY

RESOLVED that the Clerk had the authority to decide on health and safety issues in an emergency or where not possible to consult with the Chairman. The issues would be referred to the Chairman/Parish Council as soon as reasonably practicable.

15/14. ROADS AND FOOTPATHS

(1) General road maintenance – problems reported by Pound Farm, close to Heathfield House, Rose Bank, grid rising from drain at Old Mill.
Clerk had asked for clarification on how she reported defects. Had been told to report on Herefordshire Council website but she was not getting acknowledgements.
(2) Footpaths – overgrown stile opposite Pound Farm and fingerpost in poor condition – waiting for agreement from Holme Lacy College to replace these. To request more signs.
(3) Lengthsman scheme – Clerk attending meeting on 3 February.
(4) SID deployment – nothing to report.

15/15. PLAYING FIELD

(1) Club house development – decision expected in April
(2) Kissing gates had been installed – very good.
(3) Grass cutting – 4seasons had finished trading. Needed to find new contractor.

15/16. PLANNING

(a) New applications: None

(b) Results: None

15/17. FINANCE

(a) RESOLVED that the following accounts be approved for payment:

£272.66 – British Gas
£35 – Information Commissioner – data protection registration 2015

Direct debits:
£42.58 x 2 – October and £86.95 November – Westcom – broadband
£209.48 (two months) – November and £104.74 December – Aviva – village hall insurance

(a) Receipts:
£384 – Aviva – settlement of insurance claim for roof repairs
£303.75 – Herefordshire Council – Lengthsman scheme – quarter to 31.12.2014

15/18. ANY OTHER ITEMS – for information only

None

There being no other business the meeting was closed.