Minutes 6th March 2018

Minutes of a Meeting of Holme Lacy Parish Council Held at 7.00 Pm, Tuesday, 6 March 2018, In the Village Hall, Holme Lacy

Present:           Mr M. Edwards (in the chair), Mr K. Bishop, Mrs C. Harris, Mr J. Lindsay,

Mr T. Williams

Councillor D. Summers, Herefordshire Council

19/18.  APOLOGIES:   Mr Hince, Mrs Lawson

20/18.  DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:  None

21/18.  MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

The minutes of the Holme Lacy Parish Council meeting of 16 January 2018 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.

22/18.  HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

Councillor Summers reported that the B4399 had been reclassified as a C road.  The Parish Council had not been told of this and was surprised that this had been done.  Unfortunately, Councillor Summers was upset when Mr Lindsay started to speak, not realising that Councillor Summers had not finished his report.

Mr Lindsay tried to apologise but Councillor Summers was already leaving the meeting.

Mr Lindsay had wanted to make the point that potholes, fly tipping and footpath problems should be reported on the Herefordshire Council website.  Agreed to put this on the website. Mr Lindsay was concerned about a recent complaint of fly tipping made to Councillor Summers.  This was on private land not in a public area and as there was no public footpath the person who made the complaint should not have been walking their dog there.

23/18.  COMMUNITY POLICING – no report

PUBLIC FORUM (10 minutes)

Ms Middleton reported that she shown the person round who was interesting in hiring the hall for yoga, but she had said the hall floor was too uneven but she might look at using the smaller room possibly in the summer.

24/18.  CORRESPONDENCE

Great British Spring Clean – litter picking was part of the Lengthsman’s contract and the Clerk would contact him to ask him to do a litter pick soon.

25/18.  VILLAGE HALL

  • The annual returns to 30.9.2017 had been completed.
  • Two trustees had asked to resign. This would leave only one active trustee.
  • Mr Hince reported that he had tidied up outside and taken rubbish away.
  • Manual call points – Clerk to ask for quote
  • Clerk to arrange service and jet wash for sewage pump
  • Exterior lighting – Clerk to arrange quotes for additional sensory operated outside lights at the front and rear of the hall and in the entrance area.

25/18.  VILLAGE HALL contd

  • West Mercia Police was looking for venues around the county where local police officers could work eg village halls. Agreed to suggest Holme lacy village hall.
  • Water meter – Clerk to contact Welsh Water about updating the meter for the sports pavilion.

26/18.  VILLAGE VOICE – HIRE CHARGES

The constitution and mission statement had been circulated to the Parish Council.  Village Voice had been set up as a social group to bring people of the community together. The group had requested reduced or no fees to use the village hall for the first six months.

RESOLVED that Village Voice be offered two or three free days over the summer for events such as

barbecues.

27/18.  TRAINING

The Clerk had cancelled her booking for the SLCC Practitioners Conference.  She had been interested in learning more about the new data protection regulations but this was only a small part of the conference.  She was attending a training session set up Herefordshire Council on 16 March.

28/18.  NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING

Nothing further to report.

29/18.  CONSULTATIONS

Hereford Transport Package (HTP) consultation – no comment.

30/18.  RISK ASSESSMENT

The updated risk assessment had been circulated.

RESOLVED to accept the risk assessment.

31/18.  ELECTRICAL INSPECTION

Clerk was asked to contact the contractor direct for a schedule of the work that been completed and the certificates.

32/18.  DEFIBRILLATOR

Mrs Harris had contacted West Mercia.  The scheme was still in the tender process.  They would be in touch.

33/18.  DATA REGULATION

The Parish Council was registered with the ICO.  Agreed to defer decisions on other matters highlighted in HALC’s Information Corner to the next meeting when more information should be available. This would also affect village halls.

Agreed to express an interest in accessing HALC’s Data Protection Officer Service.

34/18.  ROADS AND FOOTPATHS

  • General road maintenance – problems should be reported on the Herefordshire Council website.
  • Causeway – The Chairman and Mrs Harris had attended a very useful meeting with Balfour Beatty. There had been pros and cons with regard to extending the speed limit.  They would be making some improvements.  Clerk to write to the hotel about their coaches using the causeway.
  • Lengthsman/PROW – the Annual Maintenance Plan for 2018-19 had been submitted.
  • The modification order for HL7 (addition/deletion) had been received. Balfour Beatty would supply a replacement fence for HL7 from Wyelands, which would be fitted by the landowner. The landowner would not accept a kissing gate.

34/18.  ROADS AND FOOTPATHS contd

  • SID was in the village this month. It was scheduled for four months in the year – December, March, June and September at alternate ends of the village.
  • Ufton Grange – removal of hedge to improve visibility and road safety – agreed it was an improvement.

35/18.  PLAYING FIELD

Mr Hince had emailed that there was positive news about improving the football club’s changing facilities.

The annual inspection to be confirmed.

The Clerk would draw up an agreement covering the Football Club’s hire of the pitch and sports pavilion.

36/18.  PLANNING

No applications or results.

37/18.  FINANCE

RESOLVED that the following accounts be approved for payment:

  • £100 – Mrs L. Taylor- reimbursement of SLCC subscription

£132 – Mavis Russell Cleaning – village hall

£30 – Eyelid Productions – website

£404.76 – HALC – annual subscription

(b) Already paid under policy agreed at Parish Council meeting 4.11.2014:  None

(c) Direct debits:

£42.58 per month – Westcom – broadband

£172.14 per month – Aviva – village hall insurance from 2.11.17

  • Receipts: None
  • Signatories – Parish Council and Playing Field Committee accounts – forms returned.
  • Payroll Services – because of the new data protection regulations future payroll documentation would be sent by post until Autela had set up a portal.
  • The annual audit was changing for 2017/18. New regulations and forms would be sent out towards the end of March.

 

There being no other business the meeting was closed.