MINUTES OF A MEETING OF HOLME LACY PARISH COUNCIL HELD AT 7.00 PM, TUESDAY, 7 JULY 2015, IN THE VILLAGE HALL, HOLME LACY
Present: Mrs C. Harris (in the chair), Mr K. Bishop, Mr M. Edwards, Mr B. Hine,
Mr G. Lawson, Mr T. Williams
Councillor D. Summers
15/73. APOLOGIES: None
15/74. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None
15/75. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
RESOLVED that the minutes of the annual meeting of the Parish Council held on 26 May 2015 and the Parish Council meeting held on 17 June 2015 were agreed as correct records and were signed by the Chairman.
15/76. CO-OPTION OF PARISH COUNCILLORS TO FILL VACANCIES
RESOLVED that Mr George Lawson be co-opted to fill a vacancy for Parish Councillor.
15/77. HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
Councillor Summers had met with the engineers about the causeway. The report should be ready in the next couple of weeks. Councillor Summers wanted to see a speed limit and barriers installed on Folly Pitch. The Chairman and Mr Williams would be carrying out a traffic survey especially looking at HGVs The Council’s own bin lorries were still using the causeway despite this being mentioned by the Parish Council on several occasions. Councillor Summers mentioned that the path alongside the hall was overgrown. The Clerk would speak to Mrs Newman about the hedge.
15/78. COMMUNITY POLICING
No attendance – Clerk to chase up.
15/79. CLERK’S REPORT: None – all items covered on agenda.
Citizens Advice Bureau – request for funding – no granted in accordance with Parish Council policy.
All other correspondence circulated.
15/81. VILLAGE HALL
(1) Fire inspection report – fire alarms and safety lights had been inspected. Key supplied to test fire alarms. Had also inspected the fire extinguishers as the annual inspection was due shortly. To quote to fit smoke detection in basement. To circulate timetable from report.
(2) The electricity meter had been changed by npower.
(3) Quote from Mavis Russell Cleaning was £43.75 + VAT for weekly cleaning. Agreed that monthly cleaning would be sufficient.
(4) To ask Mr Jones to cut the path at the same as the grass around the village hall.
RoSPA playground inspection course – no.
15/83. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING
Clerk to ask Mr Bannister for dates he was available to come to a parish meeting. Mr Lawson to find out about caterers.
15/84. PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE
The Clerk had attended a HALC session on setting up a website. Information was circulated. The cost to set up the site was £500 + £10 per month hosting fee (first 10 months free).
RESOLVED that the Parish Council use Website Wonder to set up a website.
Mrs Wilcox advised that the Parish Council should use gov.uk domain name as this was only available to government and local council organisations. The Government had promised grant funding to set up websites. Clerk to find out if the funding could be applied for retrospectively.
15/85. ROADS AND FOOTPATHS
(1) General road maintenance
(2) Footpaths – new scheme was in operation.
(3) Lengthsman scheme – new scheme was in operation.
(4) SID deployment – Clerk to chase West Mercia Safety Partnership.
15/86. PLAYING FIELD
A Football Club report from Mr Hince had been circulated.
(a) New applications:
(1) 151634 – 2 Ufton Court Cottages, Holme Lacy – proposed side and rear extensions and
loft conversion with dormer – no objections
(2) 151814 – Newtown Cottage, Holme Lacy – proposed single storey extension – no objections
(b) Results: None
(a) RESOLVED that the following accounts be approved for payment:
£55.20 – Hoople Ltd – digital maps
£342 – Pear Technology – digital mapping
£153.34 – Mrs L. Taylor, Clerk – expenses 31.3.15-9.7.15
£180 – DC Gardening Services – grass cutting – playing field
£42.58 per month – Westcom – broadband
£104.74 per month – Aviva – village hall insurance
(b) Bank reconciliation and budget against expenditure – awaiting bank statements to end June
(c) RESOLVED that the PAYE for the Parish Council would be carried out by HALC at a cost of £20 per month.
15/89. ANY OTHER ITEMS – for information only
There being no other business the meeting was closed.