Minutes Annual Meeting of Parish Council 2nd May 2017

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF HOLME LACY PARISH COUNCIL HELD AT 7.00 PM, TUESDAY, 2 MAY 2017, IN THE VILLAGE HALL, HOLME LACY

Present: Mr M. Edwards (in the chair), Mr K. Bishop, Mrs C. Harris, Mr T. Williams
Councillor D. Summers

33/17. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

RESOLVED that Mr Michael Edwards be elected Chairman.

34/17. APOLOGIES: Mr Lawson, Mr Hince

35/17. ELECTION OF DEPUTY CHAIRMAN

Mr Hince had indicated that he was happy to serve as Deputy Chairman.

RESOLVED that Mr Hince be elected Deputy chairman.

36/17. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None

37/17. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 14 March 2017 be approved as a correct record and these were signed by the Chairman.

38/17. CO-OPTION OF PARISH COUNCILLORS TO FILL VACANCY

Mr Lindsay was present at the meeting and indicated that he would like to serve as a parish councillor.

RESOLVED that Mr John Lindsay be co-opted as a parish councillor.

39/17. COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS SUBSCRIPTIONS, FOOTPATHS OFFICER, LENGTHSMAN ADMINISTRATOR

(a) Playing Field Committee membership – Mr Edwards, Mr Bishop, Mr Hince, Mr Lindsay
(b) Representation on Village Hall Committee – Mr Edwards, Mr Hince
(c) Representation on outside bodies – none
(d) Nomination of officers: Footpaths Officer – Mr Lindsay, Lengthsman Administrator – Clerk
(e) RESOLVED to continue with subscriptions to HALC, SLCC, Local Council Review

40/17. HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

Councillor Summers reported that he was on the Task Force for mental health for young people in schools. He had been part of an inspection at the hospital looking at cleanliness, etc. Apart from one or two small things it was generally satisfactory. He mentioned the amendment to the planning permission for the site below the Old Vicarage, which was to reduce the number of houses. The Parish Council had not been notified of the amendment. The Clerk would forward the emails to him regarding condition of the road alongside Pound Farm/Holme Lacy Hotel to Church Road and the safety issue around the entrance to the hotel.

41/17. COMMUNITY POLICING – apologies from the local police team for this meeting – no report.

PUBLIC FORUM: Several parishioners attended the meeting and there was a discussion on the planning application for the site below the Old Vicarage and the future of the school site.

42/17. CORRESPONDENCE

Circulated

43/17. VILLAGE HALL

(1) Heating – Clerk had written to the Prynce’s Charity with the thanks of the Village Hall Committee and Parish Council for their very generous financial help which had made the improvements possible.
(2) Parish Councillors had carried out an inspection of the hall and drawn up a list of work that still needed to be done.
(3) Mayglothling had come to the hall on Monday to deal with the blocked toilet but had not been able to gain access with their lorry. The Clerk apologised that she had not realised the Chairman was not available. The Chairman had spoken to Mayglothling who reported that the problem was the sewage pump not just a blocked toilet.
(4) The reply from the insurance company with regard to the deep fat fryers had been circulated.
(5) It was agreed that it was important to involve as many people as possible in the village hall to ensure its future.
(6) Next meeting 6 June 2017

44/17. TRAINING – nothing to report

45/17. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING

Clerk to get dates for a parish meeting in June.

46/17. ANNUAL PARISH MEETING

As there would not be enough time to arrange a neighbourhood planning meeting in May when the annual parish meeting had to be held, agreed to hold this meeting on 16 May 2017.

47/17. CONSULTATIONS – None

48/17. ROADS AND FOOTPATHS

(1) General road maintenance – already dealt with. To report P. W. Jones coaches which was using the causeway route to the hotel.
(2) Causeway – nothing further to report.
(3) Footpaths/Lengthsman – the contract for 2017/18 was signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
(4) SID deployment – the sites had been agreed. Clerk to write to Holme Lacy College and Mr Macadie at Shipley informing them of the siting of the SIDS on highways land near their properties.
RESOLVED to request two bases to be deployed four times a year – February, June, September, December
(5) There was a serious issue with parking in Wyelands. Clerk to report.

49/17. PLAYING FIELD

Next meeting 6 June 2017.
Mr Hicks, the play equipment inspector, had mentioned what a good job had been made of the new platforms on the play equipment.

50/17. PLANNING

(a) New applications: None
(b) Decisions: None

51/17. FINANCE

RESOLVED that the following accounts be approved for payment:

(1) Already paid under policy agreed at Parish Council meeting 4.11.2014:
£91.50 – Mr G. Jones – Lengthsman
£606 – hedge trimming and tree work – playing field

(2) Invoices to be paid:
£180 – DC Gardening Services – grass cutting
£50.76 – John Hicks – annual play equipment inspection
£30 – Eyelid Productions – website
£373.36 – Came & Company – renewal of parish council insurance 2017-18
£319.96 – Mrs L. A. Taylor – expenses 2016/17.

(a) Direct debits:
£42.58 per month – Westcom – broadband
£107.22 per month – Aviva – village hall insurance

(b) Receipts: £8500 – Herefordshire Council – first instalment of precept 2017/18

(c) Bank reconciliations and budget against expenditure – awaiting bank statements

(d) Signatories for accounts and standing orders – in hand

(e) Annual audit 2016/17 – paperwork received

(f) Insurance

52/17. ANY OTHER ITEMS – for information only

Plaque for commemorative tree – the College had enquired about a plaque for the tree acknowledging that the College had supplied the railings. There was also a plaque about the planting of the tree by Princess Beatrice. Mr Gardiner had offered to fix them to the railings. The grass around the tree needed cutting.

There being no other business the meeting was closed.