Minutes of the Annual Meeting of Holme Lacy Parish Council Held at 7.00 Pm, Tuesday, 8 May 2018, in the Village Hall, Holme Lacy
Present: Mr M. Edwards (in the chair), Mr K. Bishop, Mrs C. Harris, Mr J. Lindsay
44/18 APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN
RESOLVED that Mr Edwards be elected as Chairman and he signed the declaration of acceptance of office.
45/18. APOLOGIES: Mr Hince, Mrs Lawson, Mr Williams and Councillor Summers.
46/18. ELECTION OF DEPUTY CHAIRMAN
RESOLVED that Mr Hince be elected as Deputy Chairman.
47/18. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None
48/18. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The minutes of the Holme Lacy Parish Council meetings held on 6 March 2018 and 25 April 2018 were agreed as correct records and signed by the Chairman.
49/18. NOMINATIONS TO COMMITTEES
(a) Playing Field Committee Membership – Mr Edwards, Mr Bishop, Mr Hince, Mr Lindsay
(b) Representation on Village Hall Committee – Mr Edwards, Mr Hince, Mr Lindsay
(c) Representation on outside bodies – none
50/18. FOOTPATHS OFFICER
Mr Lindsay was happy to continue as Footpaths Officer.
RESOLVED that he should be re-appointed.
RESOLVED to continue with the following subscriptions:
HALC (Herefordshire Association of Local Councils)
SLCC (Society of Local Council Clerks
Local Council Review
52/18: ADOPTION OF POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
RESOLVED to adopt again the following:
(1) Equal Opportunities Policy
(2) Code of conduct for members and co-opted members
(3) Financial Regulations 2010 until new regulations issued
(4) Policy for payments between Parish Council meetings
(5) Policy for emergency expenditure
(6) Policy for Clerk’s ordering level
(7) Policy for planning applications received between meetings
(8) Freedom of information
(9) Health and safety policy
(10) Policy for dealing with unreasonable complainant behaviour
(11) Complaints procedure
The following policies were adopted at the Parish Council meeting held on 25 April 2018:
(1) Data Protection Regulations
(a) Privacy notice
(b) General privacy notice
(d) Subject access policy
(2) NALC Standing Orders 2018
(3) SLCC grievance procedure
The updated Parish Council risk assessment was adopted at the Parish Council meeting held on 6 March 2018.
53/18. HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – None
54/18. COMMUNITY POLICING – no report
PUBLIC FORUM (10 minutes)
55/18. CORRESPONDENCE – circulated
56/18. VILLAGE HALL
(a) Exterior repairs were progressing.
(b) Call points on fire exits – RESOLVED to accept quote from Herefordshire Fire Alarm Services.
(c) Clerk had received a letter about waste collection services from Herefordshire Council. She would circulate to parish councillors and village hall committee members.
(d) Fire safety – Richard Timney had advised no naked flames, eg candles. Clerk would update hire agreement conditions. Agreed curtains should definitely be re-proofed.
(e) CCTV – to make sure it was working.
(f) Water meter – Clerk had contacted Welsh Water but were not very helpful.
The Clerk had attended a training session on the data protection regulations arranged by Herefordshire Council in March and a HALC training session on the new audit regulations in April.
58/18. CONSULTATIONS – none
There was no longer a requirement for the Parish Council to have a data protection officer but other requirements would still apply.
60/18. ELECTRICAL INSPECTION CERTIFICATES – VILLAGE HALL AND SPORTS PAVILION
Mrs Lawson had said she would chase these.
61/18. ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
To be held at 7.00 pm, Monday, 21 May 2018.
62/18. FOWNHOPE WW1 COMMEMMORATION
RESOLVED to buy a Silent Soldier from the Royal British Legion to display in the village. Arrangements for the refreshments, etc, in the village hall on the day were being organised by Village Voice.
63/18. CLERK’S POST
Mr Edwards and Mrs Harris agreed to sit on the interview panel.
64/18. ROADS AND FOOTPATHS
(1) General road maintenance – problems should be reported on the Herefordshire Council website.
(2) Causeway – speed limit review – the boxes were in place.
(3) Lengthsman/PROW – the Annual Maintenance Plan for 2018-19 was signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
(4) Still problems with tractors and HGVs coming through the village.
65/18. PLAYING FIELD
(1) Serious dog problem – lots of dogs being walked on the playing field and the waste dumped in the litter bin, which was not a dog waste bin. To send letter to village residents.
(2) Draft hire agreement with the Football Club circulated. RESOLVED to accept the agreement and to forward to Mr Hince.
(1) No new applications or results.
(2) There was an application for a mobile home at 2 Pump Cottages. The Parish Council had not received notification and the Clerk to find out the reason for this.
RESOLVED that the following accounts be approved for payment:
(a) To approve accounts for payment:
(1) Already paid under policy agreed at Parish Council meeting 4.11.2014:
£200 – HMRC – PAYE
£37.60 – Autela – payroll services
£30 – Eyelid Productions – website
(2) Invoices to be paid:
£7.20 – Autela Payroll Services – underpayment of last invoice
£17 – NALC – subscription to Local Council Review
£300 – Balfour Beatty – June deployment of SID
£316.80 – Mayglothling – sewage pump service
£500 – Holme Lacy Parish Council Playing Field Committee – 1st instalment of grant 2017-18
£73.50 – G. Jones – lengthsman
£438.29 – Came & Co – parish council insurance renewal
(b) Direct debits:
£42.58 per month – Westcom – broadband
£107.22 per month – Aviva – village hall insurance
£150.44 – Southern Electric
£239.48 – SSE – gas
£8500 – Herefordshire Council – 1st instalment of 2019/19 precept
(d) Bank reconciliations and budget against expenditure – quarter ended 31.3.2018 to be circulated as soon as completed.
(e) Signatories for accounts and standing orders – suggested this should wait until new Clerk appointed.
(f) Annual audit 2017/18 – in hand
There being no other business the meeting was closed.