MINUTES OF A MEETING OF HOLME LACY VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE HELD AT 6.30 PM, TUESDAY, 10 JANUARY 2012, IN THE VILLAGE HALL
PRESENT: Mrs C. Harris (in the chair), Mr M. Edwards, Mr B. Hince, Mr R. Hungerford,
Mrs A. Newman, Mr T. Williams
1/12. APOLOGIES: None
2/12. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting of 1 November 2011 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the
3/12. ACTIONS ARISING:
(1) Banking arrangements – had not had presentation from Unity Trust Bank. To arrange for the Parish
Council meeting to discuss precept.
(2) Energy audit – Clerk had been contacted by the person carrying out the energy audits just before
Christmas but unfortunately had been unable to meet with him. He had not been in touch about another
(3) Cleaning – Mrs Hince was still doing the cleaning.
(4) Audit of damage – Mr Hince promised to do the audit on Sunday, 15 January.
(5) Boiler service – Mr Edwards would arrange the boiler service.
(6) Curtains – Agreed these did not need to be replaced.
(7) Skirting board – would be done.
(8) Flyer to promote village hall – Chairman to forward charges to Mr Hince.
(9) Carpark – the posts had tilted making the gates drag on the ground. They needed to be straightened.
Needed signs saying vehicles at owners’ risk and the times when the gates were closed.
Herefordshire Heartstart – display of notice that gave post code and map reference. Clerk had not been
able to access the link for more information about the notice suggested. Would chase up.
Food hygiene course – regulations would probably be tightened up shortly. Clerk to check regulations..
Booking from Alzheimers Society and birthday parties. Football Club using the hall regularly.
Chairman to put dates of Parish Council meetings in diary.
6/12. REPORT FROM FOOTBALL CLUB: None
7/12. RISK ASSESSMENTS
Electricity inspection to be arranged by Clerk.
AGREED to subscribe to Community First – £50
Chairman had sent invoice to Herefordshire for Connect 2 meeting.
Chairman had received cheque from Princes Trust for £500 towards new flooring in the main hall.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 6.30 pm, Tuesday, 6 March 2012