Holme Lacy Village Hall is situated in the centre of the village. It is an attractive black and white half-timbered building. The original hall dates back to the 1920s and was given to the village by Mr and Mrs Lucas Tooth of Holme Lacy House in memory of two of their three sons who were all killed in the First World War. It is a
registered war memorial.
In keeping with the black and white exterior the main hall has lead framed windows and an attractive timber-framed roof. There is a stage. It is licensed to hold 100 people. The smaller committee room/bar area can hold 25 seated or 75 standing.
An extension added in the 1990s contains a kitchen fitted with fridge, cooker and serving area, male/female and disabled/baby changing toilets and the smaller committee room/bar area. Doors from the bar area open out to a patio area at the rear of the hall which adjoins the village playing field and children’s play area.
Parking is for 25 cars.
The hall is regularly used for bowls, exercise and tai chai classes and by Holme Lacy Football Club. It is becoming a popular venue for wedding receptions. It is available to hire for regular bookings.
To book the hall please email Jennifer Eva email@example.com
HOLME LACY VILLAGE HALL
The following information will be required:
NB: THE HIRER MUST BE 25 OR OVER.
NAME OF USER/APPLICANT:
CONTACT DETAILS – phone, email address, address
TIME FROM/TO (INCLUDING SETTING UP AND CLEARING TIME)
IF YOU ARE USING A CATERER PLEASE SUPPLY CATERER’S NAME AND ADDRESS AND CONTACT DETAILS:
BAR – It may be possible to supply a bar but please contact Mrs Taylor as above.
HIRE CHARGES: (from 1.4.2018)
£12 per hour
£75 over 6 hours
£300 weddings (three days – set up, reception, clear away))
PAYMENT MAY BE MADE BY CHEQUE, BACS or CASH.
FIRE EXITS: PLEASE SEE FIRE SAFETY BELOW
FIRST AID KIT: KITCHEN WINDOW BY EXTERNAL DOOR
FULL HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE BUT WE WOULD PARTICULARLY DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING:
- The hirer is responsible for any damage or injury caused by items brought into the hall.
- The Village Hall Committee does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to any items brought into the hall.
- FIRE EXITS MUST NOT BE BLOCKED AT ANY TIME.
- Music to stop at 12.00 am
- Non-recyclable waste to be bagged in black bags and put into the black wheelie bin.
Recyclable waste to be put into the green wheelie bin.
- The hall must be left clean and tidy.
- Check all lights are turned off including toilets.
- Turn off heating
- Check all external doors are closed and the front door locked and either return keys to keyholder or put in locked mailbox near to front entrance.
- Please report anything not working/broken when returning keys or leave note in book in kitchen.
Agreement to hire the hall confirms that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions as above and the full terms and conditions displayed on the website.
FIRE EXITS: MAIN HALL – REAR LEFT DOOR TO CARPARK – PUSH BARS ON BOTH DOORS – NO EXIT FROM STAGE AREA
SMALL COMMITTEE ROOM/BAR AREA – RIGHT DOUBLE DOORS TO OUTSIDE – PUSH BARS
KITCHEN/BAR – KITCHEN DOOR TO OUTSIDE – DOOR
ACTION IN EVENT OF
(1) Sound fire alarm
FIRE: (2) Evacuate building
(3) Call 999
(4) Fire assembly point is at front left of hall.
LOCATION OF FIRE (1) Main hall – 1 x foam fire extinguisher
EXTINGUISHERS: (2) Small committee room/bar area – 1 x foam fire extinguisher
(3) Kitchen – 1 x foam fire extinguisher
1 x CO2 fire extinguisher
1 fire blanket
(4) Entrance hall – 1 x foam fire extinguisher
1 x CO2 extinguisher
EXTINGUISHERS ARE OPERATED BY REMOVING THE PIN, PRESSING THE TRIGGER AND AIMING GENTLY AT THE BASE OF THE FIRE.
IMPORTANT: ONLY ATTEMPT TO EXTINGUISH SMALL FIRES THAT CAN EASILY BE PUT OUT. FOR ANY OTHER FIRE PLEASE EVACUATE AS ABOVE.