MINUTES OF A MEETING OF HOLME LACY PARISH COUNCIL PLAYING FIELD COMMITTEE HELD AT 8.00 PM, WEDNESDAY, 6 JUNE 2017, IN THE VILLAGE HALL
Present: Mr M. Edwards (in the chair), Mr K. Bishop, Mr J. Lindsay
PF1/17. APOLOGIES: Mr Hince
PF2/17. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting of 4 October 2017 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the
PF3/17. GROUND MAINTENANCE
(1) Fences and gates – no problems.
(2) Play equipment – Playing field inspector had commented on the good job that had been made of the replacement platforms. Mr Bishop queried whether he could use Sadolin on the adventure trail. Clerk to check.
(3) Football pitch – in good order
(4) Club hut – to ask the Football Club to tidy around it and clear the plastic. Fire extinguishers in club hut should be included when the village hall was inspected.
(5) Trees – work carried out.
(6) Grass cutting – satisfactory. There had been a complaint that grass mowings had been thrown on the field.
(7) Shrubs – shrubs on the field had been cleared but not on the boundary. The hedge had been trimmed.
PF4/17. ANNUAL/WEEKLY INSPECTIONS
The annual inspection had been circulated. One issue – a cycle lock on the chain of the adventure trail to be removed.
Weekly inspection reports were handed in by Mr Bishop
(a) Accounts for payment:
RESOLVED that the following accounts be approved for payment:
(a) Accounts paid:
£180 – DC Gardening Services – grass cutting -October 2016
£606 – DC Gardening Services – removal of shrubs, hedge trimming, etc
£180 – DC Gardening Services – grass cutting
£50.76 – John Hicks & Associates – 2017 annual playing field inspection
£180 – DC Gardening Services – grass cutting – May 2017
£400 – Holme Lacy Football Club – fees 2016/17
£500 – Holme Lacy Parish Council – 1st instalment of grant 2017/18
(d) Bank reconciliation: quarters ended 31 December 2016 and 31 March 2017 circulated
PF6/17. ANY OTHER ITEMS – FOR INFORMATION ONLY:
There being no other business the meeting was closed.